The first Annual General Meeting of the Friends of Nevern Castle was held at the Trewern Arms on 12th July.
During the past year, we have:
- Updated the Nevern Trail Guide leaflet (with help from local residents, St Brynach’s Church, and the resources of Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Authority)
- Helped to get the official Castle Guidebook by Dr Chris Caple ready for publication. (It’s been a slow process – out soon!)
- Conducted some trial tours of the Castle for local schools and visiting tour groups. We now have a couple of trained Pembrokeshire Tourism Ambassadors among our members.
- Told people about the Castle at Nevern Show. Many people have never heard of it!
- Held a very pleasant barbecue last August.
- Firmed up the plans to update the interpretation panels. Made a couple of attempts to get funding.
In the coming year, we plan to:
- Assist PCNPA with maintenance work such as path clearance. Please email email@example.com if you’d be willing to help.
- Get the funding to update the interpretation panels. There are new avenues to explore.
- Publish and sell the Guidebook. Chris has kindly said that Friends of Nevern Castle can keep the proceeds.
- Stand in Nevern Show again to tell more people about the Castle and its unique encapsulation of the Norman invasion of Wales.
- Hold another BBQ on August 28th, the Bank Holiday Monday.